Hey! You made it to my About page! My name is Sarah. I’m really glad you’re here.
I am a coach, writer and teacher. I am the founder of Shiny Object School and the curator/creator of this website. I help people who have done a lot of work on themselves and are stuck on 1 or 2 things.
More than anything in the world, I care about helping people live fully as themselves on their own terms.
If there’s one thing I’m really, really good at, it’s getting to the heart of things quickly and with a lot of fun.
Today I work with people who have made great strides in their lives and have taken themselves as far as they can go. They really want to feel peaceful and live a great life.
I have also created some things to help my fellow coaches serve their people. Coaching Practice in a Box will help you build a coaching practice quickly and painlessly. The Life Coaching Clinic hooks coaches up with people who want low cost coaching. Websmacked is my sister venture. We’ll create your website in a week.
Sometimes my work looks like coaching privately. Other times it’s teaching or writing.
Ultimately, all of my work is about helping people be totally and completely themselves.
Because the world is better when people embrace their quirks as the holy gifts they are.
Prior to doing this work, I was a massage therapist and yoga teacher. I was really good at helping my clients have an experience of deep peace. They felt fantastic while we were together but they couldn’t always carry it with them. I didn’t know how to help them create that for themselves.
I was great at helping people heal their physical body but that didn’t quite cut it.
Then I became excellent at helping people heal themselves spiritually through yoga and meditation but that didn’t quite cut it either.
After a lot of seeking, I signed up for life coach training with Dr. Martha Beck, the brilliant and down-to-earth life coach who writes for Oprah magazine. Coaching brought body, spirit and mind together for incredibly powerful healing.
Then I closed my bodywork practice and 3 + years later, here I am. Officially, I’m a certified Martha Beck coach and a master level trained coach through The Life Coach School. More importantly, I’m unbelievably happy and doing the work that I was created to do.
There you have it. Now that you’ve got the low-down on who I am and how I got here, you can…
…read some of my popular posts about creation:
and fear of failure:
and vibrant living:
…sign up for my newsletter right up top there in that horizontal bar.
…fill out the contact form below to reach me directly.
- I have 3 kids: 3, 7 and 22
- I’ve been married for 14 years. Some of those early years were pretty hard. We’ve come a long way, we now adore each other and have a nurturing and fun home.
- Even so, I’ve always wanted Kevin Bacon to be my boyfriend. Ever since I saw Footloose as a 9 year old and danced my way out of the theater. I love a man with a swagger.
- I polled the people I love for three 3 adjectives to describe me. The winners: nonjudgemental, honest and sharp. Sadly, funny barely made the list but I disagree. I crack myself up all the time.
- I’ve been told everything is more fun with me. My best friend says I even make a trip to the grocery store fun.
- I really want to visit Antarctica.
- I was a successful telemarketer. I’m very grateful for that experience. I’ll never do it again.
- I am unreasonably afraid of mountain roads.
- My first profitable business was selling acid out of the front seat of my car.
- When I found Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, I felt like I had come home.
- I’ve written 1 terrible novel of my own.
- My favorite activity: cuddling.
- I tell the truth about things other people won’t. This makes my very reserved husband nervous.
- I love jeweled insects and snake jewelry.
- I make jewelry.
- I cut my own hair.
- Boring is my nemesis.
- I haven’t drank alcohol or taken drugs since 1993. I took my share before that though.
- I love bluegrass hymns.
- I’m an ordained minister thanks to the magical internet. You may call me The Rev (The Reverend).
What other people say about how my work has helped them:
“Damn woman. You are amazing. I was feeling really fearful and unsure of myself and now I know it was because I wasn’t heading in the right direction.” Katie McClain |Ma Vie Magique
“I’ve paid a lot of money for coaching and had never gotten this kind of valuable information.” Christie Inge | Body Image Coach
“My mind-voices were battering me daily, and now are replaced with encouragement, or
peaceful quiet- which I never thought possible.” Jano Brindisi
“You seriously have no idea what you have done to help me change my life. I still have things to work on, and can’t wait to see what happens as I continue to work with you.” Teresa Schramm | Merriment Photography
Here is what’s next
If you’d like to work together, I’d love to talk to you about it to see if we’re a good fit. Email me at sarahwagneryost @ gmail.com. You can read more about working with me here.
I have a ton of free resources here.
People love my newsletter. Sign up for regular updates and business love notes here.