Why hire me?
You want to live a meaningful life. You seek self-actualization and betterment. You might crave entrepreneurship, but not all the time. You are an out-of-the-box type of person but aren’t living as free-spirited a life as you’d like. Things are going OK, but this isn’t the life (or business experience) that you imagined for yourselves. You’re pretty sure this isn’t how it’s supposed to be. You’ve been on the path of personal development for a while but just haven’t found what you’re looking for. Even though you’ve come a long way in some areas, there are a few places you can’t get past. You feel like you have Shiny Object Syndrome and just can’t focus long enough to get anywhere. You feel stuck.
If you are having trouble focusing, it’s probably because of one of these issues:
You don’t know how to get things done. You need to learn the skills of motivating yourself, managing your time, dealing with procrastination. You might feel like you’re lazy or a flake because you can’t figure this stuff out.
You don’t know what you really want (or you know and don’t believe you can have it)
You probably have a sense of vague dissatisfaction. And frustration. The same problems keep showing up. You may find yourself jumping from one idea to the next. It’s as if you’re always chasing the next shiny object. You may feel irritable and bitchy. Nothing is satisfying enough. You want more from your life. You ask yourself “is this all there is?”
You don’t know how to get there
You need practical help with crafting a plan to get you where you want to go. I bring 15 years experience in business and in health and wellness to help you figure out the most fun, most effective way to do what you want to do. Plus, I’ve never been a big rule follower so I have very creative ideas to accomplish the impossible.
You don’t like implementing/maintenance
You may not like following through and doing the actual steps. It’s even worse if the steps involve maintenance and order. It probably feels boring and lacks excitement. I’ll help you figure out how to make implementing easier and more fun so that it doesn’t feel like such a headache.
Here are some specific problems people have hired me to help them solve:
- A shameful secret or repeated behavior- I’ve been there and done that. I am virtually unshockable. People can and do tell me anything.
- Overcome long-standing resentments- Life coaching is swift and effective. I’ve been told that one hour with me was better than a full year of therapy.
- Deal with their ADHD-I’m very ADHD but I’ve learned how to live well anyway. It’s easier to save the world when you can find your keys.
- Stop overeating-I don’t believe in dieting. Instead, I help people deal with the reason they’re overeating. And then it becomes a nonissue. You know how to lose weight: eat less, move more. If doing it were simply a mater of finding the right diet, you would have done it. I help people deal with the underlying issues driving them to overeat. Once those are dealt with, overeating becomes a nonissue.
- Unfulfilling sex life-Hiring a sex specialist freaks some people out. But they know that I’m not going to ask them to do anything too weird.
- Finish an overwhelming project-Sometimes these are entrepreneurial, like building a web site or starting a coaching practice. Sometimes it’s cleaning out the basement.
- Pain or illness management-I’ve done health and wellness work with people through massage, yoga and coaching for 15 years. I can help diminish pain and navigate illness with grace.
How to work with me
Individual sessions are $175 for a 60 minute session, and $595 for four 60 minute sessions. To schedule, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to explore whether coaching is a good option for you, let’s set up a 30 minute consultation to discuss it. This is a good way to get a feel for me and how we’ll work together. And you can ask any questions you still have. This will be a no pressure/no obligation conversation. Email me at email@example.com to set it up.
Other ways to work with me
Shiny Object School: A multimedia guide to teach you the skills of choosing the right project to work on, how to motivate yourself and stay motivated, how to deal with resistance and procrastination. Click here for more information.
You tell me: I do most of my work privately in 1:1 sessions. But sometimes people ask to work with me in other ways.
- Do you want ongoing accountability without investing in one hour 1:1 sessions?
- Or just want to coach via email?
- Want me to evaluate your coaching skills and help you improve?
- Something else?
If you feel like I could help you, but private coaching isn’t exactly right, let’s talk about it.
Group coaching: When you want to split your coaching session with someone else. This works like personal training. You can have up to 4 people in a session. It’s best if you have similar needs. You can create your own group and let me know. Or you can join a group of strangers. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what you’re interested in.
Rates are the same as individual coaching: $175 for one 60 minute session and $595 for four 60 minute sessions.
What people say about coaching with me:
“Count on her to give it to you straight. She won’t sugar-coat or white-wash anything.”
Working with Sarah always makes me feel heard and valued. So glad to have her as a resource–she really helps me get back to my True North when I’m feeling lost, frustrated or stuck. Love it!
Hire Sarah for coaching. She rocks! She’s real and doesn’t feel “coach-y” or holier-than-thou. Count on her to give it to you straight. She won’t sugar-coat or white-wash anything.
Olaiya Land | The Pantry at Delancy
“Working with Sarah has brought an awareness to many aspects of my life.”
Working with Sarah has brought an awareness to many aspects of my life. I have learned to gently examine my thoughts and actions towards myself, and others. The need/desire to appease others or worry about what they are thinking or feeling about me has diminished. This frees up a tremendous amount of energy that I can use being present where my feet are!!!
“Sarah cracked me wide open to expose those crazy ass stories I’d been telling myself and were weighing me down.“
I loved working with Sarah – some laughs, some tears and a whole lotta love. Sarah cracked me wide open to expose those crazy ass stories I’d been telling myself and were weighing me down. I still laugh thinking about how much power I had been giving fat.
And that old pair of denim shorts? Lots of learning there but no more power to the denim! Early on I felt a huge shift and calmness take over, and I found a long lost friend – my body. Eating more mindfully has reconnected us. I’m still moving toward my natural weight but already feeling lighter in my soul.
Jody Low-A-Chee | life coach
”In the first session with Sarah- I was given more tools and healthy coping ideas than I had EVER gotten previously.”
I have invested several years in therapy & psychiatry. Yet in the first session with Sarah- I was given more tools and healthy coping ideas than I had EVER gotten previously.
It is amazingly satisfying to tell your problems to someone who can reply with concrete actions that can be used immediately! And so simply! So safe!